Terms and Conditions of Entry
- All participants enter the event entirely at their own risk. The organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the event
- Personal liability, medical, belongings/equipment or personal accident insurance is NOT provided by the event.
- If at any time it is discovered that any participant should have been ineligible to participate in the event (or if participation in the event should have been refused for any reason whatsoever), the organisers reserve the right to disqualify from/refuse entry to such participant to the event.
- By taking part in the event, you confirm that you are happy for your name, age category, gender and club/membership to be visible as part of our results.
- By taking part in the event, you confirm that you are happy for any footage or photographs taken during your participation in the event to be used by the event, to publicise the event in the future.
- If your personal details (address, email, contact number etc) change after you have submitted your entry, you must update them on the registration platform.
- All personal information will be held per GDPR regulations.
- All participants are expected to respect the land on which the event is being held.
- During the event, you must fully comply with the instructions of the organisers, safety teams, emergency services and marshals.
COVID-19 BOOKING CONDITIONS
You must not attend the race under any circumstances if you have COVID-19.
Please see the NHS website for more information on symptoms and when to self-isolate.
We encourage all participants to take a lateral flow test (LFT) or PCR test prior to the event to ensure they are negative of COVID-19.
By attending the race, you are declaring:
- that you are free from COVID-19 and the symptoms listed on the NHS website
- that you are not currently living in an area of local lockdown in the Governments tiered system. If your city does go into local lockdown after entering, you MUST get in touch and inform us.
If the event falls within your isolation period you will be offered a deferral to the following year.
- If the event is cancelled due to COVID-19 regulations, participants will have the option of a deferral or a voucher code up to the amount of the entry ticket, to be used towards a future event.
- In any other circumstance a refund will not be offered. As an organiser we start to incur costs for the event from the moment the dates are booked. As the event draws closer, ever-increasing costs are incurred to the point where we cannot recover any of them, regardless of whether you race.
- Applications for the event withdrawals or transfers will be accepted via email or post only outside of 30 days of the event date.
CHANGE OF EVENT
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the race route if the weather, or other issue makes it necessary. No refunds will be given.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the date of the event. In the event of such a change, and if the participant is unable to attend on the revised date, they have 14 days to inform the organisers in writing from when the date change is announced, to receive a voucher up to the amount of their entry which can be used to purchase any future event.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the start time of the event. In the event of such a change, the participant will be notified of the revised start time with as much notice as reasonably practicable. No refund, in full or in part, shall be made in this circumstance.
CANCELLATION OF EVENT
- Refunds will not be payable if we are forced to cancel, or in any way change the event due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, pandemics or epidemics or other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- In the unlikely event of the cancellation/postponement of the event for whatever reason, the event cannot be held responsible in any way for any monetary loss, inconvenience, or any other circumstances outside of our control; the participant will not be entitled to any refund of the registration fee or any compensation of other losses, such as travelling or accommodation expenses.
- If you wish to transfer your place to another person this should be completed using the online transfer process at least 30 days prior to the date of the event or up to the date specified on the event page.
- For transfers within 30 days the new participant must visit the registration desk at the event to register their details, this will be subject to a £5 admin charge.
- Any participant found to be running with a race number in another persons’ name or participating without a valid entry will be disqualified and may be blocked from entering any future events, this is in accordance with UKA guidelines.
Posted December 13, 2021 in: Event by twinlakesadmin